The participants will be able to apply the theory of Neurolanguage Coaching ™
and principles behind language coaching and the ability to integrate principles of traditional coaching and brain-based coaching, together with the neuroscience of learning into the language learning process. The delegates will better understand the theory and principles behind brain-based coaching and the ability to facilitate powerful conversations using the Results Coaching System methodology
This training also brings into the focus language for developing an HR Strategy
, giving a framework for the various HR topics such as employee resourcing and talent management, recruitment and selection, training and development strategy, coaching mentoring and counselling and HR branding
and consulting. It introduces the vocabulary relating to different strategic approaches to HR as well as resourcing plans and assists in language to understand special characteristics of a global company and the cultural aspects and influences involved.
For more information about the training approach and language coaching have a look at the video with Rachel. The training has these aims:
- to use language relating to HR branding and how to communicate the brand;
- to be able to define position requirements with precise and concise language and create a language framework to executive job interviews;
- to be able to create and develop an HR strategy using the necessary vocabulary to draft a strategy document;
- to be able to develop a T&D strategy and necessary documents;
- to distinguish between formal and informal language;
- to examine and coach through the results of recruitment tools and assessments;
- to create a language framework for opinions, open questions and consultation/advice and be able to interact in meetings;
- to be able to use language to coach, mentor and consult;
- to put into practice the language skills introduced.
Who should attend?
Most participants of this training are experienced busy HR professionals. They can expect to communicate more confidently in a range of professional situations and handle communication more effectively. The training will also benefit any business professionals who needs to develop effectively their strengths and communication skills for use in everyday business life and environment. Training techniques:
This training is an engaging mixture of lectures, exercises, discussions and interactive role plays resulting in a high quality learning experience that is motivating, sustainable and enjoyable. It is extremely interactive, practical and skills-focused.Training materials:
During the seminar each participant will be provided with a comprehensive Training Coursebook with key ready-to-use phrases and linguistic devices, including a formal and informal dictionary, and a list of HR collocations and specialised vocabulary.
All standard trainings can be tailored for group bookings or one-to-one training. We can design a training proposal that will suit your needs as well as your budget. Our team of managers and trainers can put together innovative trainings. A complimentary consultation is available on request. Training content:
- HR Strategy. How to link business and HR strategies will be discussed and explored as well as how to create and draft HR Strategy documents. Strategic approaches will be explored as well as how to implement and monitor the process. The language relating to strategy will be analysed as well as how to give opinions and feedback to opinions.
- Employee resourcing and Talent Management. Vocabulary relating to resourcing methods will be discussed as well as brainstorming resourcing strategy and reflecting on market conditions. A resourcing plan will be drawn up and analysed as well as a resourcing flowchart. Language relating to this topic will be analysed and discussed.
- Recruitment and Selection. Psychometric tests will be discussed and analysed, with a look at the language used in these. Group assessment centres and role play situations will also be discussed and acted out. The subtle differences in language and adjectives relating to character, personality and skills will be explored and consolidated to enable more fluency and comprehension
- Training and development Strategy and developing a Competence Framework. How to write a development and training strategy will be discussed and practised as well as the introduction to formal and informal language. Vocabulary relating to training methods will be analysed and in addition creating training programmes as well as evaluating training and development will be tackled. How to create a competence framework and write performance standards will be consolidated.
- Coaching, Mentoring and Counselling. Coaching skills and coaching language/dialogue will be looked at and examined how this can be introduced into the recruitment process. Powerful questions as well as clarification, permission and placement will be introduced as powerful language tools to obtain information from candidates.
- Addressing administrative and legal issues. The administrative part of the recruitment process involving the letters of invitation, acceptance and refusal will all be examined and drafted by the participants. Legal issues arising from the recruitment process will also be discussed and analysed to facilitate a better understanding regarding employment law as well as data protection and non-discrimination laws.
- Creating an HR Brand. Creating an HR brand will be openly discussed and explored with language explaining plans and ideas. A model for branding will be analysed as well as the language for communicating the HRE brand and the brand message.